Join Our Team
Submit an App with this Form!
Blue Zoo Spokane is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director. This position is open until filled. $19/hr
Do you thrive in a leadership role? Are you able to drive results while effectively managing a large team? As the Assistant Director you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a diverse and exciting group of professionals. The Assistant Director is expected to be dependable, professional, and an enthusiastic leader that takes pride in providing an exceptional experience for Blue Zoo’s visitors.
• The Assistant Director reports to the Director and is responsible for supervising two team leaders and twenty employees assigned to the Education Team.
• Attention to detail and a proactive mindset
• Scheduling employees to maintain full staffing levels
• Hiring and retaining top talent
• Documenting employee performance
• Tracking and trending sales to ensure that inventory levels of all store and gift shop items are sufficient for demand
• Responding to email inquiries from customers and local businesses
• Training new staff
• Excellent verbal communication, and the ability to convey information clearly and effectively
• Strong leadership abilities and initiative
• Excellent delegator and mediator
• Great interpersonal skills and customer service
• Quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent time management
• Responsible, goal oriented, and organized
• Confident and willing to take on challenges
• Great listening skills and ability to take direction from individuals in higher-level positions
• Able to manage and motivate others
• A minimum of an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, degree type can vary, acceptable examples include: Biology, Micro Biology, Zoology, Marine Biology, Education, Business, Organizational Management etc.
• Retail and customer service experience is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role managing a team
• Proven leadership skills with a history of effective management
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with notable experience handling multiple projects and tasks
• Must be willing to work a full time schedule including Friday and Saturday
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to positively interact with staff and clients
• Comfort using computer operating systems and tools including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite programs.
Blue Zoo values diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Locations: Oklahoma City
Blue Zoo is looking for a seasoned salesperson in Oklahoma City.
Blue Zoo is an interactive aquarium opening in Oklahoma City this Summer! This is a fun environment that is a great place for area businesses to share their messaging with our guests.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Local contacts and relationships with area retailers and medical clinics
- Desire to succeed
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Media experience a plus
Interviews will happen the week of May 18th.
You will be provided all of the materials, sales presentations and support that you need to succeed. Blue Zoo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Education Team Leader
Do you thrive in leadership roles? Are you able to drive results while effectively managing a small team? Do you have a knack for exceptional customer service and guest experiences?
Blue Zoo is now hiring an Education Team Leader. The Education Team Leaders are the first line leaders for our Education Team.
As an Education Team Leader you will be responsible for managing members of your education team and guest interactions at Blue Zoo during your assigned shifts. Education Team Leaders work on the aquarium floor assisting guests and their team members with day to day aquarium operations.
Education Team Leaders are expected to be dependable, professional, and enthusiastic leaders that take pride in providing an exceptional experience for Blue Zoo’s visitors.
Education Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of their assigned team
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals
- Developing and implementing a timeline to achieve targets
- Delegating tasks to team members
- Conducting training of team members to maximize their potential
- Empowering team members with skills to improve their confidence, knowledge, and communication skills
- Contributing to the growth of the company through a successful team
- Creating a pleasant working environment that inspires the team
- High School Diploma or similar
- 2 years experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Skillful negotiating skills
- Computer literate
- Strong organizational skills to give the team direction
- Cash handling experience preferred
Pay depends on experience. Experience can also be substituted with a college degree or certifications on a year for year basis.
This is a part time position, 60-70 hours every two weeks, that offers competitive pay and a consistent schedule that allows for a 3 day weekend every other week.
Blue Zoo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Locations: Spokane, Oklahoma City
The Educational Team is a vital part in the success of Blue Zoo. Team members will be responsible for educating each guest that comes into our Aquarium. During each shift you will interact with our guests, teach them about the different exhibits and animals we have and ensure each guest has a memorable experience at Blue Zoo.
The education team position is a part time position that will work closely with the Director, Assistant Director and Husbandry team to ensure that this memorable experience is being achieved. Memorable customer service is what each team member will strive for everyday with every guest. Blue Zoo is a place of enjoyment and learning and we must make this a top priority when interacting with all of our guests.
- Educate and inspire guests visiting our aquarium
- Help open the aquarium.
- Make sure register and gift shop are ready for guests
- Educate guest on the exhibits and animals in your area
- Answer questions in a knowledgeable manner
- Sell tokens and annual passes to guests
- Provide 5-star customer experience at all times.
- Clean as you go
- Maintain a safe atmosphere
- ALWAYS BE SMILING
- Answer phones and assist guests with questions, reservations, and bookings
- Maintain a clean aquarium at all times
- Operate a cash register
- Make sure gift shop is ready for the following day
This list is not an exclusive list of duties that you will perform as an Educational Team Member at Blue Zoo during your time here. There will be additional task or duties that you may be asked to preform by the Director, Assistant Director or Husbandry Director at any given time.
Blue Zoo values diversity in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.